Monday, June 11, 2007

Do re: Miso

Recently, I'm back to using a lot of miso and I'm glad to say that I've re-located the source for the best stuff:

http://naturalimport.com/shop_for_miso

I've been using Mitoku company's all-natural, traditionally produced misos, shoyus and mirins for some time now and although the importer/distributors keep changing the products stay just the same.

I've just placed an order for each and every miso they carry, so stay tuned for the great Miso Taste Test.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the "Great Miso Taste Test." Did you know that if you mix a couple tablespoons of miso with about a cup of red wine and reduce it it makes a great pan sauce for pork chops? Something I learned from Mark Bittman's "The Minimalist" column . . .

6/14/2007 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Corgi, Dr. of Ursinity, Prattling Pasha of Positivity said...

Hey, I tried the miso-red wine pan sauce idea last night using the Cook's Illustrated Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Medallions recipe for the meat cooking technique. Worked out great. I used an aka-miso but next time I'm going to try putting in a touch of sweet shiro-miso too. I should really go and check out the Bittman column too. I just kinda winged it, deglazed the pan with red wine, whisked in a big hunk of miso and cooked it down a bit.

6/16/2007 01:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home